Our Lake Success Attorneys Defend Businesses Accused of Gender Discrimination
New York lawyers represent defendants in discrimination cases
Women and men in America are entitled to equal treatment. That’s not an opinion; it’s the law. However, many people believe that they are entitled to special treatment or that their actions should be free from consequences. Milman Labuda Law Group PLLC fights to protect those accused of discrimination. We represent all types of organizations including schools, employers and real estate businesses throughout the Lake Success area.
Defending clients in all types of discrimination cases
Our attorneys defend businesses and individuals in a variety of sexual discrimination cases, including:
- Education (Title IX)
- Employment (Title VII)
- Parental rights
Our attorneys make sure anti-discrimination laws are fairly applied.
Defending educational organizations accused of discrimination
The law guarantees male and female students equal opportunities in academics and extracurricular activities, including sports, at most institutions that receive federal funding. While Title IX has leveled the playing field in women’s college sports, there are still accusations of discrimination involving many aspects of the educational system, including:
- Academic honors
- Financial Aid
Our attorneys defend educational institutions and their reputations against these claims.
Defending businesses against discrimination claims
While much progress has been made in establishing equality in the workplace, sex discrimination still occurs in many areas and in many ways. We represent clients who have been accused of discrimination over issues such as:
- Benefits. Even though women tend to be more costly to insure, the law requires they be given equal access to healthcare.
- Hiring. In the past, women have complained about not being hired or promoted due to gender, but discrimination now seems specific to occupations and industries. For example, women suffer from discrimination in engineering, while men find it hard to get hired as secretaries or promoted to management in cosmetics companies. In either case, the discrimination violates federal law.
- Firing. When layoffs seem to disproportionately affect one gender, discrimination may be alleged.
- Pay. A person’s gender cannot be a factor in determining his or her salary or wages.
- Pregnancy. Refusal to hire or make reasonable accommodations for a pregnant person (or one who might become pregnant) is considered discrimination under federal law.
- Promotion. If all promotions seem to be going to employees of one gender, discrimination may be a factor.
- Sexual harassment. Perpetrating or tolerating this behavior is considered discrimination under federal law. Unwanted sexual conduct in the workplace is illegal if it is meant as a condition of employment or becomes so pervasive that it creates a hostile environment. The definition of “sexual harassment” is not gender-specific in regards to perpetrator or victim.
We know how important it is for businesses to fight these allegations completely and discreetly. Our attorneys take every possible action to protect your company’s interests.
Representing defendants in fair housing cases
Housing discrimination based on sex is illegal under federal law. When someone believes you have denied them a rental property or a mortgage to buy a home simply because of their gender, we can help you in a civil case or federal regulatory proceedings.
Contact an attorney dedicated to defending your organization
To schedule a consultation to discuss your discrimination claim defense with Milman Labuda Law Group PLLC, call our Lake Success, New York office at (888) 341-4153 or contact us online.